Psych Clinical Nurse Specialist - Flynn
Latrobe Regional Hospital
LRH is the regional provider of mental health services in Gippsland. LRH Mental Health Service operates an integrated specialist mental health program across the region and provides inpatient and community mental health care for adults, children and young people and older persons.Gippsland provides a fantastic regional lifestyle with easy access to Melbourne.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and suitably qualified Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) ( Acute Adult Psychiatry) to join the Mental health team at Latrobe Regional Hospital on a FULL TIME ONGOING basis.
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager at the Flynn Unit, Acute bed based Mental Health Services, the successful applicant will play an important role in advanced nursing practice role within the High Dependency Assessment Unit (HDAU) located within the Flynn Acute Mental Health Unit, with a key focus on:
- Higher level of skill demonstrated in clinical decision making – in particular in problem identification and solution, and analysis and interpretation of clinical data to develop nursing diagnosis and care planning;
- Maintenance and improvement of clinical standards;
- Nursing assessment, diagnosis, care planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care including the use of validated tools;
- Specialist interventions to prevent the use of restrictive interventions including sensory modulation, verbal skills, de-escalation techniques;
- Therapeutic individual and group work;
- Support the use of recovery principles in all nursing interventions;
- Monitor and maintain clinical systems and information management;
- Complete service planning documentation in collaboration with consumers, carers, significant others and the multi-disciplinary team;
- Monitor the consumer’s physical/medical state and associated treatments in conjunction with their mental state and associated treatments; and
- Supporting optimal patient flow processes, building the capacity of HDAU staff and clinical nursing leadership.
The successful applicant will be required to have:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Commitment to customer service and quality improvement;
- Commitment to Continuum of Care standards;
- Commitment towards the development of self and others;
- Demonstrated team player and ability to work within an interdisciplinary framework;
- Flexible and adaptable with organisational change, unit needs and requirements;
- Determination to implement appropriate change, and; and
- Ability to work flexibly in a complex work environment
To be successful in this position you will need to have:
- Sound knowledge of the Mental Health Act 2014 and other relevant legislation;
- Working knowledge of ASQHS and National Standards for Mental Health Services;
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience, including the development of staff;
- Time management skills, ensuring deadlines are met;
- Experience in analysing data, writing reports and making recommendations;
- Demonstrated ability to drive and manage change; and
- Adherence to safe practice standards and policies,
For further information about this position please contact Gibon Dube, Nurse Unit Manager of Flynn Unit on telephone (03) 5173 8709
Applicants will be required to apply for and satisfactorily obtain a National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Latrobe Regional Hospital is a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. We recognise and value inclusion and diversity and encourage all people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for our positions.
LRH’s Koori Health Liaison Officer is available to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent applicants on (03) 5173 8831.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: