Associate Nurse Unit Manager - Secu
Latrobe Regional Hospital
Latrobe Regional Hospital (LRH) is the major provider of specialist health services in the Gippsland region, east of Melbourne. Our comprehensive range of services extends to emergency and intensive care, elective surgery, allied health, obstetrics, medical and radiation oncology at the Gippsland Cancer Care Centre, dialysis and aged care.
LRH has a number of outstanding facilities following a recent expansion. These include a cardiac catheterisation laboratory, large Emergency Department, endoscopy suites and modern and contemporary inpatient units. These complement extensive Allied Health amenities including a gym and pool.
LRH is the regional provider of mental health services in Gippsland. LRH Mental Health Service operates an integrated specialist mental health program across the region and provides inpatient and community mental health care for adults, children and young people and older persons.
Gippsland provides a fantastic regional lifestyle with easy access to Melbourne.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and suitably qualified Registered Psychiatric Nurse 3 to join the SECU team at Latrobe Regional Hospital on a Full time ongoing / Part time ongoing basis.
Reporting to the Bruce Metcalfe NUM the successful applicant will play an important role in running the SECU, engaging in the recovery and rehabilitation goals of our clients.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Have a high level of skill demonstrated in clinical decision making – in particular in problem identification and solution, and analysis and interpretation of clinical data to develop nursing diagnosis and care planning;
- Maintenance and improvement of clinical standards;
- Nursing assessment, diagnosis, care planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care including the use of validated tools;
- Therapeutic individual and group work;
- Support the use of recovery principles in all nursing interventions;
- Monitor and maintain clinical systems and information management;
- Complete service planning documentation in collaboration with consumers, carers, significant others and the multi-disciplinary team; and
- Monitor the consumer’s physical/medical state and associated treatments in conjunction with their mental state and associated treatments.
To be successful in this position you will need to have:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Commitment to customer service and quality improvement;
- Commitment to Continuum of Care standards;
- Commitment towards the development of self and others;
- Demonstrated team player and ability to work within an interdisciplinary framework;
- Flexible and adaptable with organisational change, unit needs and requirements;
- Determination to implement appropriate change; and
- Ability to work flexibly in a complex work environment
For further information about this position please contact Bruce Metcalfe Nurse Unit Manager SECU / CRCU on telephone (03) 5128 0060.
Applicants will be required to apply for and satisfactorily obtain a National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Latrobe Regional Hospital is a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. We recognise and value inclusion and diversity and encourage all people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for our positions.
LRH’s Koori Health Liaison Officer is available to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent applicants on (03) 5173 8831.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: