Registered Psychiatric Nurse - Flynn
Latrobe Regional Hospital
The Latrobe Regional Hospital (LRH) Mental Health Service is the regional provider of mental health services in Gippsland. LRH Mental Health Service operates an integrated specialist mental health program across ten sites and provides inpatient and community mental health care for adults, children and young people, and older persons. Gippsland provides a fantastic regional lifestyle with easy access to Melbourne.
LRH has a number of outstanding facilities following a recent expansion. These include a cardiac catheterisation laboratory, large Emergency Department, endoscopy suites and modern and contemporary inpatient units. These complement extensive Allied Health amenities including a gym and pool.
LRH is the regional provider of mental health services in Gippsland. LRH Mental Health Service operates an integrated specialist mental health program across the region and provides inpatient and community mental health care for adults, children and young people and older persons.
Gippsland provides a fantastic regional lifestyle with easy access to Melbourne.
The Flynn unit has three components including 23 Adult Beds, 2 Child and Youth beds, 6 Secure Extended Care beds and a 6 Bed high dependency Assessment Unit. The team prides itself on providing high level of nursing care for consumers and a supportive work environment for Clinicians.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and suitably qualified Registered Psychiatric Nurse to join the Flynn team at Latrobe Regional Hospital on a full time ongoing basis. This position is 80 hours per fortnight with an ADO every 4 weeks.
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager Flynn, the successful applicant will play an important role in the provision of high quality, safe clinical services in the Unit, ensuring the achievement of quality patient outcomes in line with LRH clinical and customer service standards.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Ensure all clients are provided with written and verbal explanations of their rights and responsibilities;
- Provide pharmacological / psycho-education specific to client’s requirements;
- Provide assistance during a psychiatric or medical emergency in accordance with LRH policies and procedures;
- Conduct group therapy sessions, including daily living skills and activities groups; and
- Complete accurate documentation in client files.
To be successful in this position you will need to have:
- Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse;
- Experience in a Mental Health field;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills to relate to and empathise with vulnerable people;
- Commitment to customer service and quality improvement;
- Ability to work and participate within a team to support each other during difficult situations
- A commitment to adhering to strict policies and procedures;
- The ability to perform an array of shifts including afternoon, night and weekends; and
- A Post-Graduate qualification in Mental Health Nursing is desirable but not essential.
For further information about this position please contact Gibon Dube, Nurse Unit Manager Flynn on telephone (03) 5173 8709.
Applicants will be required to apply for and satisfactorily obtain a National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Latrobe Regional Hospital supports Equal Employment Opportunity by recognising and valuing inclusion and diversity. The hospital encourages all people from different cultures and backgrounds to apply for our advertised positions.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent applicants are encouraged to apply. Successful appointment will be based on merit and satisfactorily passing a Police Check and Working With Children’s Check. LRH’s Koori Health Liaison Officer is available to assist on (03) 5173 8831.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: